Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thing 2

I initially was a little overwhelmed in seeing how much is out there that I am not too familiar with. I have never blogged nor recorded my own voice for the internet. It was strange to do both, but after I got over the initial nervousness it was pretty cool.

I really love the videos on Web 2.0, so I would like to bring that aspect into my class as a demo tool and those videos maybe something my students can produce. I also see blogging as a way to continue learning outside of the walls of the classroom if I can take the leap and get it started this year or at the very start of next year. We could discuss real world problems and the different ways students approach and solve problems. We often do not have time to discuss multiple methods or strategies to solve word problems, yet this could be the solution to the constraints of time.

Blogging might also be a tool for me to learn more about myself through recording info like a journal or maybe using it to follow my studies of the Word of God. Who knows, I do not see that I have time in the day to do such things, but I do think they would be a valuable tool for me to grow as a husband, teacher, parent, coach, bible study leader, etc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also believe that blogging is an essential tool in the learning process. It is a method that modern-day learners can voice their opinions and thoughts and feel that their voice is heard. Then, others can learn by reading their blogs. Thoughts are developed.