Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thing 10

I think that it will help me most professionally with the fact that I can post my PowerPoint lessons on the internet with out fear of copyright issues. I use pictures, videos, and sounds in those lessons to help my students apply geometry to their lives and to add interest. Currently, I do not share any of my content on the web, but I would like to through a wiki. It would be tough to have an interesting wiki without using pictures and other items from the internet. CC will allow me to do this and who knows what I can find once I put the time into it. The only negative that I see with CC is the limitations you have on what you can add to your site or lessons. It is SO nice to just use Google images, find what you want quickly, and put it into your lesson. CC will force me to be more creative with more limited amount of material to pull from.

No comments: