Monday, November 10, 2008

Thing 14

I chose quizlet as a tool to investigate. I really like the idea of having on-line notecards. I would much rather type than write and you do not have to worry about losing your cards. Once you put them on the site, they are there forever. Also, you can share your cards with others and have others add to the set making it a very useful tool for a class. As a geometry teacher, I am always trying to find tools for my students to master the vocabulary necessary to be successful in my class. I think that quizlet would be a great tool for students in my class and any other class that has a large amount of vocabulary like a foreign language.

There is a study mode and several ways to test your knowledge that gives you automatic feedback. If you are into a concrete set of cards, you may print them to look over instead of studying on the computer screen. Also, there is a way to share them on myspace and facebook and you can discuss the sets if you like. That way if there is an error on a group's set of terms, the group can discuss them and find an acceptable solution to the error. I would highly recommend this tool for teachers to link to on their wiki page as a student resource.

No comments: