Friday, November 28, 2008

Thing 19

I have use youtube in many ways for the last two to three years in my classroom. Before that time, I had never heard of the site. Once I found it, I have used it in my geometry lessons, summer reading discussions, and leading bible studies. It is a very useful tool and there is nothing that you cannot find on it. I have also had success in using Godtube which is a video site with Christian videos. I could not find much on teachertube, but I did see some good lessons as well as some nice presentation ideas from other schools. It is a site that I would like to investigate further. I really like the use of videos to help introduce, expand, or to give a word picture for my lessons. One interesting video that found interesting was this video involving a rhombus. Be sure to listen closely to the music.

No comments: