Monday, November 17, 2008

Thing 17

I listened to some of each of the podcasts in the math section. My favorite was the MathGrad Podcast. I enjoyed his description of this famous problem and its solution. I would like to hear more from him and find podcasts like this one that I could use in the classroom. I am not quite sure how, but maybe I could use them in a problem solving unit or to introduce problems in my classes. Other than the previous, I did not enjoy the other choices in the math area. I have recently bought an ipod and have really enjoyed podcasts in all of my areas of interest (golf, home improvement, woodworking, home theater, and even some Christian comedy) for the drive to and from work when I am on my own. I love the feeling I get of learning in an otherwise wasted time, so if I can find some math content for that time in the car then I will be quite happy.

No comments: